Friday, July 6, 2012

Common Core Resources!

Just got home from taking my son to our local pool and it is now pouring rain!  Whew...we sure need it!  We have been breaking some serious heat records here in Georgia.  Everything is so dry.
Tonight I want to share with you all a terrific link that was emailed to me a couple of weeks ago.  I really think this article has some cool resources that you all could save/use for Common Core instruction.  Click on the picture for the link.  There really are some great sites!
Also...I am so excited to share with you all my "Shiver Me Timbers Measurement" Tiered Math Tub. This tub is designed around Common Core Standards for 1st-3rd grades. 

I have had lots of requests for this one!  Students will estimate the best units of measurement for various items.  I feel my kiddos will benefit from this activity because it will tell me exactly how much they know about nonstandard and standard units!  I hope you will check it out and watch for more tiered tubs to come!  My next tub will have a fairy tale theme to it.
 Have a great night friends.-
Yvonne :)



10 comments:

  1. I love your Shiver Me Measurement tub!! We have a pirate theme in my class & I know my kids would love this! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! Thanks Lisa! I want to do some pirate centers this year as well. I fell in love with these graphics from Baby Star Designs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Common core links! I just came you a shout out on my blog, come take a look. http://oceansoffirstgradefun.blogspot.com/2012/07/i-just-found-this-wonderful-site-thanks.html
    Yolanda
    Oceans of First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have anything for 4th grade? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel! I am working on the 4th grade Notebook now. It should be finished in a week or two. Thanks!-Yvonne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the link. My state is just beginning to implement the Core so I'm trying to immerse myelf in all things related. On a side note, I purchased your Grade 2 Common Core Portfolio and your August Math Journal Prompts - LOVE THEM both and can't wait to start using them! Will soon be purchasing your journal prompts for the other months as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Cindy! I am going to save this link to my favorites at school because I know I will be using it constantly. Lots of good sites there. I am so glad you like the packets. I want to give you a heads up and let you know that I am going to "bundle" all of my journal prompts into a year-long packet if you are interested. It should be available soon. Thanks again for your sweet comments!-Yvonne :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a great math resource! Super cute. I keep seeing so much out there for common core.. but texas still has not made the switch. Or maybe they never will who knows. I feel like I am so behind the times with almost every other state switched or starting to switch to it!!

    Amanda
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks awesome! I'm your newest follower :)

    Come check out my blog!
    The Teacher Wears Prada
    http://www.secondgradewiththeteacherwearsprada.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete